The WCCS Campus Ambassadors program seeks to provide opportunities for outstanding students to develop leadership and communication skills through involvement in student recruitment and community relations activities at the College. WCCS Campus Ambassadors assist with new student recruitment activities, serve as campus tour guides for prospective students and special guests of the College, and represent the student body at official functions.
Membership in the WCCS Campus Ambassador Program shall be based on a selection process.
Students seeking consideration for the WCCS Campus Ambassadors Program must meet the following general eligibility requirements:
- Be enrolled at WCCS as a full-time student,
- Have completed 12 semester hours at WCCS,
- Possess a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher,
- Demonstrate leadership potential at WCCS or from high school,
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (written and verbal),
- Be a positive, productive team member,
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills,
- Be willing to serve and represent WCCS and interface with the many communities which the College serves,
- Appreciate WCCS’ institutional mission and goals,
- Attend scheduled mandatory training,
- Commit to a minimum of 3 hours per week to WCCS Campus Ambassador’s duties.
Students who wish to apply for the WCCS Campus Ambassadors Program will be asked to complete an application. Upon submitting a completed application, applicants will be required to participate in an interview process with a screening committee.
Students will be critiqued on grades, knowledge of WCCS, personality, communications skills, appearance, extracurricular involvement, and demonstrated leadership potential. The committee will select a group of finalists who will be invited to participate in the final phase of the selection process.
Based on the finalists' performance, the selection committee will choose those individuals who will be recommended to the WCCS Campus Ambassador Advisor for membership in the program.
During their tenure in the program, WCCS Campus Ambassadors will be required to enroll as full-time students, maintain a 3.0 or higher grade point average, participate in required activities, maintain appropriate conduct, with no disciplinary actions, and participate in periodic training and leadership development activities. WCCS Campus Ambassadors will be asked to sign a contract, which specifies their responsibilities and the expectations for the position. Failure to satisfactorily fulfill any of the expected duties and responsibilities may result in expulsion from the program.
Incentives and Rewards
Students who successfully participate in the WCCS Campus Ambassador Program will receive the following benefits:
- Letter of commendation from the President of WCCS to be used for seeking employment or transfer scholarships
- Leadership experience
- Opportunity to refine communications skills
- Wardrobe items for official use
For more information, please contact WCCS Campus Ambassador Adviser:
- Shuntelra Logan
Enrollment Management Specialist/Academic Adviser
WCCS Campus Ambassadors Adviser
Wallace Community College Selma
3000 Earl Goodwin Parkway
Selma, AL 36702