Student Transcript Policy

The transcript policy of Wallace Community College Selma includes the following:

  1. In compliance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act, Wallace Community College Selma does not release transcripts of a student’s work except upon the student’s written request.
  2. Official transcripts are sent to institutions, companies, agencies, etc., on the student’s written request.
  3. Official transcripts will not be issued to the individual student; however, the student may request an unofficial transcript from the Office of Student Services, or the student may print an unofficial copy from the WCCS website. An unofficial transcript does not bear the college seal.
  4. Transcript requests are processed as they are received. Requests should be made at least two weeks prior to need.
  5. There is no charge for transcripts.
    Written transcript requests should be sent to
      Wallace Community College Selma
      Office of Student Services
      P. O. Box 2530
      Selma, AL 36702-2530

    Be sure to include name, dates of attendance, social security number, and address to which transcript is to be sent.
    NOTE: (Students with name changes should include all former names.)

  6. The Office of Student Services does not issue or reproduce transcripts from other institutions. Requests for transcripts of coursework completed at another institution must be directed to the institution concerned.
  7. Transcript requests may be denied for students who have a financial obligation to the college.