Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Generic Degree Requirements
The Associate in Applied Science degree is offered in certain academic occupational programs such as Associate Degree Nursing, Business Administration, and Computer Information Systems.
The Associate in Applied Science degree is also offered to students who satisfactorily complete the prescribed general education requirements during or after the completion of a Career/Technical Program. More specifically, the Associate in Applied Science degree is available in the following Career/Technical programs: Drafting and Design Technology, Electrical Technology, Industrial Maintenance Technology and Office Administration.
Semester Hour (SH) Distribution Requirements by Academic Area:* / SH
Area I: Written Composition / 3-6
Must complete Written Composition I (ENG 101)
Area II: Humanities and Fine Arts / 6
- Must complete 3 semester hours in the Humanities or Fine Arts
- Must complete 3 semester hours in oral communication (SPH 106 or 107)
Area III: Natural Sciences & Math / 9-11
- Must complete 3 semester hours in Mathematics (MTH 100 or above)
- Must complete an additional 3 semester hours in Mathematics, Natural Sciences or Computer Sciences
- Must demonstrate Computer Literacy Skills, or must complete one 3 semester hour Computer Science Course
Area IV: History, Social, and Behavioral Sciences / 3-6
Area V: Pre-Professional, Pre-Major, and Elective Courses / 37-53
- Must complete additional Associate in Applied Science Degree courses appropriate to the degree requirements and the intended baccalaureate major of the individual student
Maximum Semester Hour Credit Total in Areas I-V for the AAS Program / 76
* Requirements in one area do not satisfy or substitute for requirements in another area.